Tuesday, May 17, 2011

FitStar Survival Camp is my Excuse!

It's been almost 2 months since my last post. Talk about falling off the wagon. I made a commitment when I started this blog to provide you with weekly inspiration and information to help keep you informed, fit and active. I've not lived up to it. Not that I haven't been busy. Yup, believe it or  not, I have an excuse. It's called FitStar.

My business partner and all around fabulous friend, Beth Dolce (www.dolcefit.blogspot.com) and I have started FitStar Survival Camp. It's a day long fitness bootcamp for young women headed off to college or out on their own. We've researched, interviewed, read and written and have designed a day of fitness, fun and information for women. While our business will have many audiences, our first audience is young women ages 17 to 20, headed into their senior year in high school, freshman year in college or living on their own. It promises to be a great day and I hope to see some of you or your daughters at Camp on June 19th. Check out http://www.fitstargirl.com for more information.

But my excuses stop there! When I got on the scale yesterday morning, I had to face the reality that I let life rule me these last few months. FitStar didn't do it. I did. My silver lining personality turned oh-so-grey when the scale stopped. So I've recommitted to myself, and to you, to keep fitness and health in focus. Not only can you resume looking here for great information weekly, I'm going to add a column about what I'm doing. And you can post right back with works of encouragement, questions, suggestions or to tell me what you are doing.  I'd love to hear it. Life happens and sometimes we can't control it. But there are no excuses for not taking care of ourselves. If we don't do it, who will?!

No comments:

Post a Comment